David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

Monday, August 10, 2009

Puritanical, pragmatic, proselytizing pratt!?

I have just been paid the biggest compliment of my blogosphere experience! Robert "Bob" Mercer of South Australia has been moved to post the below item on his blog with the title has shown above. I have been called some names in my time but nothing as interesting as this! I believe he expected me to censor his link but, on the contrary, I was pleased to publish it within my comments section. I have never had a full posting devoted to me on any blog so far! It resulted in greatly increased traffic to my site. I rarely reach a hundred hits per week but already I have received 144 visits and there is still tomorrow to go before I receive my weekly update. Thanks very much Bob! This is what he wrote;

Came across a blog which I found interesting particularly the page ….link http://old-plod-of-plympton.blogspot.com/2009/08/this-man-would-get-my-vote.html More people like this mayor are needed not only in the UK but also in Australia…….please!

Unfortunately whilst some of the articles were interesting the “discussion” options were somewhat limited by the somewhat puritanical attitude of the “Old Plod” the ex-policeman who owns the blog. His profile includes the statement

” I consider myself to be a pragmatic and deeply spiritual person. I will endeavour to avoid unnecessary censorship on this Blog. However; I will not accept any xenophobic, homophobic, racist, sexist or indeed any other form of extreme bigotry within comments posted on this blog. Measures to prevent postings of this nature are in place.”


Well, what a puritanical, pragmatic pratt! His listing is in itself a form of bigotry, since the word means intolerance or narrow-mindedness. Perhaps as an ex-plod he has become mired in the upper echelon bigotry that exists within the police forces of the world. One can be xenophobic, racist, sexist etc., without being a bigot! [I do not include the non-word "homophobic" since it is the most stupid meaningless concoction ever. A mishmash of homo meaning "the same" and phobia meaning "fear" hence a fear of the same!? Rubbish!]. Perhaps his spirituality is obtained from a bottle of sorts. However, that being said, how come he allowed the article to which I referred originally, namely “This man would get my vote” since it is definitely anti-pervert [I refuse to use the word "gay" and say it as it is!] and is surely xenophobic since he is advocating telling the EU where to stick it!

If he is so sensitive [and after 33 professed years as a copper I doubt that] and becomes lachrymose when people post such anti-pervert or xenophobic comments, has he never heard of censoring comments? If he so desired he could edit or delete what he deems “unsuitable” wording.

He does have a suggestion to link to his blog or any particular page but……………somehow I don’t think my link would be too welcome!


If you would like to view Bob Mercer's blog and leave him a comment in defence of me or support of him here is the address;

http://rhmercer.com/blog/?p=398


I feel we could develop an interesting debate here. LOL! I warn you though he has some pretty strong views on many subjects. I shall certainly be paying him a few return visits in the future! G'day Bob!!!!!

4 comments:

The Religious PĂ­caro said...

"One can be xenophobic, racist, sexist etc., without being a bigot!"

This quotation is priceless. Yes, yes - all things in moderation!

Dean Eddy said...

Get out the dictionary ----he is so smart, just ask him!

Old Plod said...

Thanks Billy D. The word oxymoron springs to mind, meaning a contradiction in terms. Need I say more!?

Annette said...

I understand exactly what you mean and I'm no mastermind!!
You are entitled to say that,so whats he on about???