David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

Monday, August 17, 2009

Congratulations to Stephen Wray - my music maestro!


Steve Wray is the 23 year old son of a lifelong friend of mine who lives in Pennsylvania, USA. He has a keen interest in acoustic guitars and recently entered an Accent Music Guitar Solo Contest in Wilmington, Newark, and won second place. His father said in an e-mail to me;

My son Stephen won 2nd prize in a lead guitar contest at Accent Music, where he takes lessons. (a $50.00 gift card) Here is the link to his performance. He had to choose from 8 tracks the song he wanted to play lead to. Then he had to improvise the lead. He got the track list on Wednesday and the contest was Saturday. He did a great job and I am very proud of him.



I too am proud of you Steve. Your father's influence has clearly rubbed off on you! The next time your family put on a Hootenanny may be I shall be there to congratulate you in person. Mark Winfree eat your heart out. You now have serious competition from a true professional to contend with! Well done Steve and keep up the good work.

No comments: