David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

Monday, May 23, 2011

Police, Crime & 999




I have received the following request from John Donoghue, who is a serving police officer, requesting me to draw attention to a book he has written which will be published in August but currently available online. I am happy to oblige in the sincere belief that it is genuine and sounds very humorous and interesting. The purchase price online offers a considerable saving from the recommended retail price too! So here goes, this is what he said to me in his e-mail;

As a serving police officer too, I found your blog fantastic. You have a way with words! I loved the schnauzer joke too ...at least I HOPE it was a joke!!

Anyway, I was wondering if you’d be so kind as to give a mention on your excellent blog to my book Police, Crime & 999

It’s a look at a year in my life as a front line response officer, comes with the warning: CONTAINS HUMOUR AND TRACES OF NUTS and, amongst other things, answers those basic questions:

What REALLY happens behind the scenes in the police?

What bizarre 999 calls are made to the emergency services?

Why can wearing 2 pairs of socks make you a suspect?

What is the link between police and vampires?

Which Royal arrest never made news headlines?

What covert sign do officers make when they no longer wish to talk to you?

I’ve changed names and places to protect the guilty!

The book isn’t officially available until August, but it is available NOW for all readers of your blog via my website www.policecrime999.com where there is a 10% discount.

There is no publicity budget to speak of, so any help in spreading the word would be most appreciated.

I really look forward to hearing from you or if you want a photo of the book etc

Cheers

John

web: www.policecrime999.com

1 comment:

Annette said...

Thanks david, I must admit I'm not a reader as such but I bet that would be interesting. Its like the tv programmes, it's nice to know what goes on behind the scenes.