David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Marketing the Church

A must-see television advertisement chronicling the significance of the Catholic Church now and throughout history. http://CatholicsComeHome.org



I am grateful to Thom Curnutte of Anglican Wanderings for drawing my attention to this advert. ...but what do you think about Christian "marketing?" Positive or negative? Necessary or wasteful? Your views would be appreciated.


PS. I am disappointed to learn that the Anglican Wanderings blog has come to an end. It has been of enormous interest to me and has taught me a great deal about many aspects of my Anglo-Catholic faith. I have, for a very long time, carried a link to Anglican Wanderings in my list of Favourite Blogs to the left of this posting. I started following it soon after Rev'd Andrew Teather first launched the site. I shall miss the postings but wish Andrew, Fr. Lee Kenyon and Thom Curnette every good wish for the future and I hope to see them blogging again sometime in the future. Many congratulations on a job well done. Your Online ministry has been greatly appreciated. Come back soon!

2 comments:

Robert H Mercer said...

I cannot agree more with these sentiments. Unfortunately this is no longer applied by our politicans within the boundaries of the US, the UK or Australia. Instead of assimilation we are beset with so-called "multiculturism" the most divisive of precepts. Most immigrants, legal or otherwise, now have no desire to learn or speak English but merely to obtain the most advantage with the least input.
However I see no possible change in the stupidity of our elected representatives.

Andrew Teather said...

Dear David,

www.prestoncityparish.com may fill part of the Anglican Wanderings gap in your life!

Fr Andrew.