David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

Thursday, July 03, 2008

May They Rest in Peace and Rise in Glory



I am posting this tribute to honour four of our fallen heroes who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the service of the British Crown in Afghanistan on Tuesday, 17th. June when an IED (improvised explosive device) was detonated and destroyed their vehicle and claimed their lives. The funerals are about to take place of Sean Reeve, nephew of my friend Annette, and also of Corporal Sarah Bryant, Lance Corporal Richard Larkin and Corporal Paul Stout. I am reminded of those immortal words written on tombstones in almost every war graves cemetery;

When you go home tell them of us. For your tomorrow, we gave our today

And now a reading from Holy Scripture;

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going"

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him."


John 14: 1-4, 6-7 (NIV)

At the going down of the sun and in the morning we WILL remember them!



NB. A link to Annette's blog can be located in My List of Favourite Blogs to the left of this posting.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Oh David, I cried when I saw this, it was totally unexpected.
But so kind of you to do it.
Thankyou so much for doing this.
I will tell you all about the funeral..it was fit for a king.
xxx