David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

David J. Farley of Plympton, Plymouth, United Kingdom

Monday, April 07, 2008

The tale of two wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said,'My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil

It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment,inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good

It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility,kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.'

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
'Which wolf wins?'

The old Cherokee simply replied, 'THE ONE YOU FEED'

My grateful thanks to my buddy Dean Eddy for this pearl of wisdom.

1 comment:

Annette said...

You have excelled yourself again with, 'the tale of two Wolves'
I love the last line, 'The one you feed' It says it all.
It really makes you think doesn't it? You do so many things without realizing how it could damage you or anyone else.
I love reading these, it makes me think.
(which is a rare occasion, I must admit!!)